A premier New York City real estate law firm with headquarters in midtown Manhattan is seeking a highly motivated and intelligent Landlord/Tenant litigator who is well versed in real estate law. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in handling legal disputes in and out of Court for sophisticated clients, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to draft persuasive legal documents to support client positions. The person should have a desire to participate in marketing activities and be able to develop deep relationships with prospective and active clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a boutique real estate law firm with a leading reputation in the industry with very competitive benefits. Qualified candidates should submit their resume, along with salary expectations as soon as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research and draft legal documents, including notices, pleadings, motions, briefs and settlement agreements.
• Attend court appearances and depositions, argue motions, and conduct trials.
• Represent landlords, developers, managing agents, investors, condominium boards, as well as other types of clients in New York City Housing Courts and State Supreme Court.
• Participate in marketing efforts, including drafting publications.
• Adhere to all of the Firm’s policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned on an as needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILIITIES REQUIRED:
• High degree of academic achievement with a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
• Active New York State Bar license and in good standing.
• Minimum of 2 years of real estate Housing Court litigation experience.
• Court experience is required, trial is a bonus.
• Strong negotiating skills, excellent analytical and research skills.
• Portable book of business a plus, but not required.
• Interest in working with a collaborative team and flexible to handle all assigned tasks.
• Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and takes enormous pride in their work.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and writing skills to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff.
• Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.