Belkin Burden Goldman, LLP is seeking a highly motivated Staff Accountant to perform routine clerical, filing, and data entry tasks for accounting data including accounts payable, billing, and receivables.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, along with salary expectations as soon as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts routine data entry management for accounting records including accounts payable and client billing.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Prepares, aids in review of and processes monthly client billing.
- Reviews billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alerts supervisory staff of any discrepancies.
- May be required to assist with escrows (depending on experience)
- Adhere to all of the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned on an as needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Accounting degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data into computer software and systems.
- Ability to use accounting software, knowledge of Tabs is a plus.
- Interested in working as a team and flexible to handle all assigned tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be enthusiastic and have a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- You may be required to work overtime as needed, especially during monthly billing.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
To be considered for this role, please submit your contact information and resume below.