Belkin · Burden · Goldman, LLP advises clients on land use, zoning and real estate development matters with an emphasis on how to realize their development expectations and maximize the value of their property. The Firm represents property owners, developers, educational and religious institutions, and licensed professionals, including engineers and architects.
The experienced members of our team navigate projects through the complex government review and approval process in New York City. We practice regularly before the City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, Department of Buildings, Landmarks Preservation Commission, Department of Housing Preservation and Development, Economic Development Corporation, and other regulatory agencies with jurisdiction over the use and development of real property. Our attorneys have working relationships with these agencies, which helps clients gain the approvals needed to accomplish their development objectives.
We assist clients in the following matters:
- Due diligence and analysis of development potential;
- Transfers of development rights (“air rights” transfers);
- Affordable housing and the City’s Inclusionary Housing Program;
- Variance and special permit applications at the Board of Standards and Appeals;
- Rezoning and special permit applications at the City Planning Commission;
- Requests to obtain favorable Zoning Resolution and Code Determinations from the Departments of Buildings;
- Appeals to the Board of Standards and Appeals from determinations of the Department of Buildings;
- Approval by the Landmarks Preservation Commission for outdoor advertising signs and developments in historic districts;
- Licensing, easement and development agreements related to property assemblage, access and protection of properties.
As a client of the Firm, you will have access to our entire team of highly skilled lawyers across all facets of real estate who hold a successful track record in providing sophisticated legal representation that is cost efficient and highly effective.